Shipping costs for multiple items
I always combine shipping costs. Simply check out normally, but DO NOT PAY immediately.
1) I will wait a while to make sure you are finished shopping with me. (Collectors buying newspapers sometimes take two or three days. It helps if you tell me when you're finished.)
2) I will then pull all items from inventory to assure that I still have everything you ordered.
3) I will combine all similar sized items using the smallest appropriate container. I use Stay-Flat containers for newspapers, magazines, music, Playbills and similar documents. I use stiffened envelopes for smaller items such as railroad passes and tickets. I may use small boxes for playing cards and other odd-sized items. (I can usually combine five or six newspapers into same package.)
4) I weigh finished packages and calculate postage to your location.
5) Finally, I send you an invoice via eBay.
The eBay system operates in such a manner that makes It easy to combine purchases BEFORE you pay, but impossible to combine purchases AFTER you pay. Therefore, it is crucial that you check out normally, but wait to pay until I send you an invoice.
If you inadvertently pay before waiting for an invoice, I will still combine your purchases, but I will be forced to refund postage overpayments on an item-by-item basis..