We ship Monday thru Friday (except U.S. Post Office holidays) via USPS First Class mail and provide tracking numbers.
Multiple purchases may ship separately as the maximum weight for a USPS First Class package is 16 oz.
MINKY SEWING TIPS
We hope you find these tips useful in your project:
click here to see our wide variety of Minky squares
- Minky is 100% polyester and does not shrink.
- Cut edges of minky make for lots of fuzz and fluff. A lint roller or small hand-held vacuum is useful for keeping work area clean. Be sure to clean around the bobbin case and under the throat plate of your sewing machine following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- DO NOT IRON!! -- put in the dryer for a few minutes on a low heat setting to relax wrinkles.
- Minky is machine washable and dryable. (cold water and low heat)
- Minky has a nap, make sure minky is facing in desired direction.
- Minky can be mixed with other fabrics such as cotton or flannel.
- Minky can be used in a rag quilt. Edges do not fray, but when mixed with other fraying fabrics such as cotton or flannel it makes a beautiful rag quilt.
- Use size 80/12 universal sewing machine needle.
- Use a Walking Foot (also known as an even-feed foot or dual-feed foot) on your sewing machine.
- Use lots of pins to hold pieces together before stitching – space them about 1” to 1-1/2” apart. (remove pins just before you reach them)
- For stitching seams together, use a 3.0 mm stitch length which is about 9 stitches per inch. For topstitching, use a 4.0 mm stitch length which is about 6 stitches per inch.
- Use a minimum seam allowance of ½”.
- Stitch very slowly!
2010. All rights reserved. These tips are for personal use only and are not to be posted on other eBay sites/websites (reportable violation of eBay's Images & Text Policy) or photocopied for resale, distribution or commercial purposes. Prepared exclusively for Cozy Cabin Charm.click here to see our wide variety of Minky squares