We ship Monday thru Friday (except U.S. Post Office holidays) via USPS First Class mail and provide tracking numbers.
Multiple purchases may ship separately as the maximum weight for a USPS First Class package is 16 oz.
Simply Squares Baby Quilt
~This is a quick and easy basic patchwork baby quilt pattern with two design options~
Option One: Squares on the front and back
Option Two: Squares on the front and a solid piece of minky or flannel on the back
30 – 6-1/2” pre-cut cotton, flannel or minky fabric squares (can be a mix of fabric types or all the same)
Option One: 30 - 6-1/2" pre-cut cotton, flannel or minky fabric squares
Option Two: 1 - 30" x 36" solid piece of cotton, flannel or minky
1 – 34” x 40” piece of high loft polyester batting for a fluffy quilt (Note: If you are backing the quilt with a solid piece of minky, batting is not required.)
4 yards - 1/8" wide satin ribbon or perle cotton floss (optional for Option Two quilt)
Strong wide-eyed sewing needle
Walking Foot/Dual Feed Sewing Machine Foot
Matching Thread and the Usual Sewing Supplies
1. Alternating the squares as desired, lay the squares out in a 5 x 6 square arrangement . Stitch them together using a ¼” seam allowance and press seams open. (If using minky fabric, DO NOT IRON, just finger press them open) If you are making Option One, repeat this process for the back of the quilt.
2. Lay batting down on a table (omit batting if using minky as backing), place quilt backing (right side up) centered on top of batting and place front of quilt (right side down) on top. Smooth pieces out and pin around entire outside edge of quilt. Note: If you are using minky as the backing, space pins about 1-1/2" apart to help prevent slipping.
3. Using a ¼” seam, sew around entire edge of the quilt, pivoting at the corners and leaving a 6” opening for turning. Trim excess batting/backing and diagonally trim corners. Turn quilt right side out. Handstitch the opening closed using a blind stitch.
4. For tying the quilt (optional for Option Two quilt), cut 1/8” wide satin ribbon or perle cotton floss into 20 – 7” pieces. Thread one of the pieces into a strong, large-eyed sewing needle and starting in the center of the quilt, insert about ¼” away from one of the intersections through all layers and bring it back to the top diagonal to where it was inserted. (see illustration) Tie with 3 strong knots. Repeat on all intersections and trim pieces to desired length. Note: If using minky, pushing the needle through can be difficult, try inserting needle one layer at a time.
5. If desired, topstitch around entire quilt ½” away from edge.
2013. All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only and is not to be posted on other eBay sites/websites (reportable violation of eBay's Images & Text Policy), photocopied for resale, distribution or commercial purposes. Pattern designed exclusively for Cozy Cabin Charm.